Thursday, September 12, 2013

Lest We Forget

Yesterday was the twelfth anniversary of 9/11 and this was a memorial that sprouted up on campus. I thought it was particularly effective visually. I don't know much about the pop up memorial like does the number of flags correspond to the number of deaths,etc but either way, it's a timely reminder of the brutal attacks twelve years ago.



This was a message in either the World Trade Center Museum or Visitor Center or Tribute Center or whatever it's called just near the actual memorial in New York. I remember at the time when I saw this it moving me. Because it's something we can easily relate to, love. It's hard to fathom what could be possibly be going through the mind of someone in that situation or even hearing the message on your answering machine. Either way, just reading this and reflecting really made you realise the terror that was actually inflicted.

So on this anniversary, Lest We Forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment